Thursday, April 29, 2010

sous le soleil



Here are the products of a lovely Parisian day under the sun in the Tuileries. My friend Micha, below, looked great as always, captured here taking a photo of the sunset. I also wanted to show my outfit for its mixi-ness, as I think things like that often flow magically together although by any means of logic they should look absolutely ridiculous. Case in point: gladiator sandals + leggings + shorts + bright orange bag + multicolored delicate fabric tank + black winter scarf + jumble of odd accessories = .... a good outfit? I guess fashion works in mysterious ways...

On Micha, left: Charcoal Stretch Tunic, H&M, White Ruffle Vest, H&M, Grey Multipocketed Skinny Jeans, BCBG, White Woven Flats with Ankle Strap, L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani.


On me, above right: Black bow clip (in hair, front of updo) Forever21, Black Risky Business Sunglasses, Primark, Black Scarf, Found, Multicolored Tank, Urban Outfitters, Orange Faux-Leather Bag with Gold Detailing, Big Buddha, Available at Crush Boutique in Boston, Tweed Shorts, Free People, Black Cropped Leggings, Found, Elastic Black Gladiator Sandals, Miss Coquine's Paris.

Note: When I say found, it is as bizarre/gross as it sounds. The scarf I saw on a girl at the bar, and it was freezing outside. And she left without it. Being as I was freezing, I snagged it (washed before wearing, of course). The leggings, a friend left at one of my parties sophomore year and through extensive research I was never able to find their owner, so I kept them. The funny thing is all the compliments I get on them because they're "sheer," which in fact is just because they're about a billion sizes too small for me and the fabric stretches out over my leg. Ah, style secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment